[Steppes] All Official Events in March Canceled

Seneschal of the Steppes seneschal at steppes.ansteorra.org
Fri Mar 13 11:50:03 PDT 2020

Greetings, people of the Steppes.

As I'm sure all of you know, Covid-19 is spreading in the DFW-area
community. No one knows how many cases there really are because test
availability is limited, and no one really knows what's going to happen.
Gulf Wars has been canceled, and groups all over the country have to decide
how we respond and how we do our part to not spread this disease.

To that end, Their Excellencies and I, along with the Baronial officers,
have discussed this and have decided that all official Baronial activities
are canceled until the end of the month. That includes both the business
meeting and fighter practices.

We did not make this decision lightly. This is not a thing that any of us
wants to do. It is a decision that we believe is best for the health of the
Barony of the Steppes, especially for our most vulnerable members.

We will re-assess the situation and decide what to do about April at the
end of this month. I know that a lot of you will also have questions about
what we're doing about Warlord. Right now, honestly, we don't know, and we
don't have to decide right now. We will make that decision when the time
comes with the data we have at that time.

We'll get through this. We are still a Mighty Oakwood, and we will stand
strong through whatever happens. Meanwhile, be kind to each other, stay
safe, and wash your hands.

Yours in Service,

Lady Esmeralda Malaspina, Seneschal of the Barony of the Steppes