[Tempio] The use of Tempio mailing list....

Paul Kaveshan pkaveshan at hot.rr.com
Sun Dec 21 15:39:26 PST 2003

Tressa,

You are not confused.  Yes, you can remind people of times, dates, events on
the email list.  But you can not schedule or change times/dates only on the
list.  (Example: Someone wants to schedule a meeting for (insert reason
here), but they only put it on the email list.  Or, a currently scheduled
meeting time needs to be changed, and the only place it is mentioned is the
email list.)  This would be in violation.

If the meeting times need to be changed, then phone calls or direct emails
can be used, but lets not forget, not everyone has email or I know of
several people who do not check their emails daily.  If it's important
enough for all to know, then phone calls are the choice.

Yes, the list is a tool for communicating, but it is not the official tool
and it is not limited to SCA material.  There is no problem with asking
who's going to the Dragoon, that is not a meeting, that is a social
gathering.

As for what other groups do with their email lists, that is not our place to
say.  That is a situation for regional or kingdom officers to address.  But
again, the sharing of times, places and directions is ok.  As long as it is
not the only place it is published.

Hope that clears up your confusion.

James