[Tir-Medoin] Off Topic request for assistance with American Flag Retiring

Tressa tressarhiannon at yahoo.com
Thu May 18 11:29:09 PDT 2006

Hello everyone,

The lady that I am working for right now has some
tattered American flags that need retiring..She has
called the Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, VFW, SPJST,
American Legion, National Guard, the VA, basically
anywhere we can think of to get someone to retire
these flags in a respectfull manner.  To date all
these organizations could care less about helping her.

My questions are two:

1. Can anyone recommend to me someone to contact that
would do this?

2. It is possible for veterans to retire a flag in a
private ceremony, if we can't find anyone to do this
for her, would anyone be willing to help me retire
these symbols in a private ceremony? I am out of the
city limits, so unless there is a burn ban, it is
possible to have a campfire at my place.

It seems very pitiful to me that so many organizations
patriotism is failing and I would like to see these
flags disposed of in a proper manner.

Thanks,