[Tir-Medoin] Important dates and a question

eirik at hot.rr.com eirik at hot.rr.com
Mon Jun 30 08:31:03 PDT 2008

First, there is a difference between persona research and name research. Persona is the details of the character you are playing in this game and has no bearing on name research. Basically, the name has to be documentable in period or as a plausible construction in period.

That being said, the best place to start looking for name research is http://heraldry.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/names.html.
All of these articles are on the Laurel website and are thus on the no photocopy list. You may also check the St. Gabriel website at http://www.s-gabriel.org/. They have a Medieval Names Archive with lots of name articles and you can search their past reports to find information on a name. These all require photocopies to be attached to your submissions. Lastly, you can always ask on the Ansteorran Heralds List about name information or contact the Orbis Herald for further assistance. Names are not my strong point, but I may have some ideas on where to look if you need assistance.

Eirik Halfdanarson