WR - The Results of the first Ansteorran Kingdom rapier fighter practice

BrianC brianc at shield.com
Mon Aug 24 08:57:24 PDT 1998

For those of you who could not attend, I wanted offer you brief account of
the First Ansteorran Kingdom Fighter Practice.

We had a wonderful turn out, around 53 folks showed up, 45 of those were
Rapier Fighters. I believe we had all of the regions represented by at
least 4 people from every region. The practice started at 10:00a and in no
time at all folks were parried off with people they normally don't have a
chance to fight.  At the end of the day there were 14 folks who could
summon enough energy for 3 melee fights. In addition to the fighting her
Excellency, Baroness Kayleigh Drake taught a class for those who were
interested in being a local or regional Rapier Marshall. The weather was a
bit warm, but thanks to Mary of the Stepps and her water-bares, we were
well watered, and able to last until 5:00p.

We polled the folks at this practice to see if we should move this from
region to region, and found that most folks preferred to have it centrally
located. So the next one will be in the Stepps, Elfsea area. Tentatively we
are planning on having the next Kingdom Fighter Practice in November or
possibly the first weekend of December. Expect to see an announcement in
the October or November Blackstar.

I would like to thank Duncan Hepburn, Vittoria Maria Squarcialupi di
Castellina, for helping in organizing the site, date, advertising,
Genevieve de Courtanvaux, for organizing the crash space and assisting in
organizing water station, and the Barony of the Stepps for hosting this
practice, and I wish to Thank All of the people who traveled to be there.
This practice could not have happened with out the support of all of you.

Thank you very much for making this a success.

Sincerely,
Laird Brian A. Cameron, cadet to Don Eule von Haginbald,
Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra