WR - Party?? Did someone say Party??

SUSAN M GALINDO lilystar at juno.com
Thu Nov 19 14:04:20 PST 1998

Jutta Wrote:
One observation that I have made is that I truely miss the way the
>reveling was done in the Western Region a few year ago. There was a
>time when everyone would venture from camp to camp visiting & enjoying
>themselves. Many a time did I find myself in someones camp that I did
>not know. Only after that I found myself with, at least, one more
>friend. Encampments were not clicks, but a stopping point in an
>evening full of fun & friends.
***
I miss this aspect also. It was fun visiting all the different camps and
meeting new people. Some times there would be someone telling a story or
singing (Oh the magic of the bard) because they too were wandering from
camp to camp. Also people used to camp more even within their own group
at their own event. How can an atmosphere, ambiance and the magic of the
SCA be created if we old timers are not creating it for the new people?
I know many people do not wish to haul a lot of stuff just to spend the
night (and I am just as guilty) but think about what we are creating
here. How will we keep the newcomers?

My two cents.
HL Adelaide Walcheman
Shire of Blacklake