WR - Party?? Did someone say Party??

Jan Van Zandt mysticmarks at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 19 15:30:26 PST 1998

Adelaide wrote:
>I miss this aspect also. It was fun visiting all the different camps
and
>meeting new people. Some times there would be someone telling a story
or
>singing (Oh the magic of the bard) because they too were wandering from
>camp to camp. Also people used to camp more even within their own group
>at their own event. How can an atmosphere, ambiance and the magic of
the
>SCA be created if we old timers are not creating it for the new people?
>I know many people do not wish to haul a lot of stuff just to spend the
>night (and I am just as guilty) but think about what we are creating
>here. How will we keep the newcomers?

As one of those "haulers of stuff", sometimes as I am packing and
unpacking I'm thinking that I need to quit taking soo much stuff...then
after camp is set up I know why I do it.  We oldtimers need the ambiamce
as much as the newcomers.
I agree with Jutta:  I remember when it was like that in the SCA no
matter where you played.  We need to make a pact to do more visiting and
mingling.  Or maybe I mean pack...yeah, yeah, you know like a pack of
roaming Amazons...I remember those days too.

Just my two cents,
HLady Jan
Ffynnon Gath