[Western] September Activities in Bonwicke

Lord Kainin Tepésa kainin at copycraft.com
Wed Sep 5 20:23:43 PDT 2001

Greetings unto all good gentles of the West,

I would like to personally invite each and everyone one of you to
join with the members of Bonwicke this month in a couple of great
demo opportunities. This Friday night (9/7/01) we will meeting
outside of Cinemark Movies 16 for the premier of "The Musketeer" 30
minutes before the start of the first evening show (I will post that
time as soon as I know it). This is a great chance for us to give
some exposure to the SCA and especially the rapier community,
although we will be fighting chivalric as well. Please come join us;
wear you best, bring your toys and we will fill your mugs with drinks
(soft drinks that is) feed you dinner and treat you to a movie (we
will all see the last showing for free). Please email me off list if
you need more details.

Then on Saturday September 29th we will have a tournament for the
Order of the Argent Heart (local order promoting the ideals of
chivalry) that will benefit the South Plains Food Bank. We will have
a tournament of chivalric and rapier skills for fighters and their
consorts with prizes awarded to the winners as well as the most
chivalrous fighters. The entry fee is 4 cans of food (although more
would be gladly accepted) and each combatant must have a consort in
attendance (consorts can sponsor multiple fighters if need be). We
will begin around 9:00 or 10:00 in the morning and it will be held
either on Texas Tech campus or at George Mahon Park (31st and
Chicago), more details to come. We would love to see everyone from
the West in attendance as we plan on having media coverage and would
like to make a good donation to the South Plains Food Bank. I hope to
see all of you there.

In service,
Kainin
--

In service to the Dream,

Honorable Lord Kainin Tepesa
Baronial Court Herald & Bearer of the Baronial Noose
Western Regional Chronicler
Acting Seneschal to the Barony of Bonwicke
in the Kingdom of Ansteorra

kainin at copycraft.com