[Western] Gothic Post Meeting

Jacque jacquelight at cableone.net
Fri Sep 7 16:00:58 PDT 2001

The following is a synopsis of the Annual Post Gothic Meeting held this
year:

1)  Autocrat for next year - Lady Marianna has graciously offered to
autocrat for next year.  HL. Safiye will be her co-autocrat.  Reasoning:  It
has been found that having your co-autocrat on board a year early allows
good training and consistency from one year to the next.  It is great to be
able to think ahead.

2)  Bid process for Gothic - New Kingdom law does not allow for groups going
together to  bid for events.  The bid process is up to the individual shire.
Previously, Gothic was co-sponsored by 3 groups and we rotated those groups
each year.  So, this is the plan we came up with.  We set up the rotation
schedule as follows:

2002 - Crossroads Keep
2003 - Trelac
2004 - Blacklake
2005 - Mendersham
2006 - Bonwicke
2007 - Adlersruhe

The reasoning here is that the shire or barony sponsoring would be the one
to do the bid.  If, for some reason, one group should choose to sit out a
year, then the first shot at a bid should go to the next group in the
rotation.  This will prevent any one Shire from having to take care of the
gate/major expenses but once every few years.

3)  Gothic Profit - Following Gothic last year, it was determined that there
was a need for a Regional type financial committee to determine the
profit/expenditures from the Gothic proceeds.  In accordance with that idea,
as many of the regionals as could sat down and we tried to consult with all
the others before the meeting.  There was a consensus with them, as well as
many other folk who just came to the meeting, that we would like any profits
to go to the Gulf War Encampment fund, specifically to be used to improve a
camping spot for the Western Region.  We are asking that HL Niccolai, our
acting regional treasurer check into our options.  I spoke to Richard the
other night and he did share a couple of things I wanted to pass along:
    a)  If we put the money in the Kingdom Fund, then there is no guarantee
that it will be given back to us to improve the Western Regional Encampment.
    b)  We, as a region, can build nothing permanent on the site.  The
permanent Ansteorran gate structure is something different and he said he
wasn't sure what our options might be as to something Regional specific.

***My opinion here*** If we can't use the money for what we want at Gulf, I
would be more inclined to look into helping do something at the Sweetwater
site.  Since it is more or less our permanent site around here, it might be
better to invest there.

Please discuss the above with your populace, feel free to put it in your
newsletter, and most of all, call or write your officers and regionals so
that we can know your thoughts.  Sorry this was so long!

Ulrica
Regional Seneshal