[Western] Sundered Sheild V

Elizabeth Blackthorne damsle_n_distress2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 19 02:27:30 PDT 2004

Greetings unto the bards of Ansteorra,

In less than two weeks the shire of Crossrode Keep will at Sundered Shield be hosting a new type of bardic competition.  Of course we will be hosting the traditional competition for our titled bard, but just for fun, there will be a second competition.  This will be in part based on the format of the mundane television show, "Whose Line is it Anyway", the scenes from a hat segment.  This is to allow new bards who have the fear that their piece isn't, "good enough" or "period enough" or what ever else excuse they could make, to come up and perform.  It also will allow more seasoned bards to enhance their improvisational skills.  And of course, it should also be very entertaining for the populace.  This is an experimental competition, if it is well received it will happen again, if not well then we will do our best to forget it ever happened.  If you think it sounds like fun, come out as we try something new together.  I would love to get some feed back about what kind of things should
 be placed in the hat, to be drawn and acted out.  The hat will be sitting at troll with slips of paper near by for people to put in their suggested scenes.  If you are not going to be able to attend, but, you have scene suggestions, email me and let me know.  Oh, what a forgetful person I am, I should be telling you when and where.  July 30th- August 1st at Comanche Trail Park in Big Spring, TX.  For directions and further details you can go to our event website via the Ansteorran Calendar.
In Service To The Dream,
Lady Elizabeth Blackthorne