[Western] New treatment cures Carpal Tunnel Syndrome -- without surgery

Charlie Cain larkinokane at cox.net
Sun May 16 20:18:29 PDT 2004

At Mendersham Defender this past weekend there were a few people who were interested in the article I read about the new treatment that cures Carpal tunnel syndrome without surgery.  For those interested the article appeared in the May 17th issue of the National Enquirer, and the full article can be read there. For those not interested I apologize for taking your time and bandwidth.

    A remarkable new FDA-approved laser treatment cures the agonizing pain and numbness of crippling carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) in up to 90 percent of sufferers - WITHOUT surgery!
    The breakthrough technique, which uses low-level "cold" laser light to reduce inflammation and speed healing, is enabling many of the eight million Americans suffering from the debilitating nerve condition to return to work and resume activities that they love.
    "This is a major breakthrough in the treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome," said Dr. Chadwick Smith, clinical professor of orthopedic surgery at the University of Southern California. "It's noninvasive, it's painless, it has no risks whatsoever -- and it works!"
    The cold laser is focused on four points in the wrist. Patients undergo treatment three times a week.
    "It's usually seven or eight treatments before patients start feeling a difference, but I've had patients who've had remarkable change after only one treatment," said Dr. Mark Smith a family chiropractor at the Mid-Jersey Chiropractic & Hand Pain Center. "{patients are usually fully recovered after 18 20 treatments."
    It costs $30 to $50 a session and is usually covered by insurance.

Larkin

Dedicated to the memory of Tali Hatuel, 34 and her daughters Tehila, 11; Hadar, 9; Roni, 7; and Meirav, 2,
killed in a terrorist ambush on the Kissufim road in to the Gaza Strip on May 2, 2004