[Western] Bonwicke's Twelfth Night

muirghein muirghein at plaiddragon.net
Fri Dec 8 18:18:21 PST 2006

Oooo, cool!  Thanks!

Muirghein

-----Original Message-----
From: western-bounces at lists.ansteorra.org
[mailto:western-bounces at lists.ansteorra.org] On Behalf Of paula hanna
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2006 9:02 AM
To: Western Region of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc.
Subject: Re: [Western] Bonwicke's Twelfth Night

Dear Muirghein,

Fighters traveling from afar shall be pitted against "heraldic animals" -
Bonwicke's
finest fighters under the guise of dragons and wyverns and what not.
Visiting fighters
may challenge the prowess of these fierce "creatures".

I hope this clarifies the tournament a bit. ;o)

Oriana

--- muirghein <muirghein at plaiddragon.net> wrote:

> >We shall hold a Pas d'Arms tournament for both the chivalric and rapier
> disciplines, the theme of which shall be the Roman Venatio, in memory of
the
> Octavian tournament Bonwicke once held. The champions of the day shall be
> chosen by a ladies' gallery and shall be the principals in the new Order
of
> the Argent Heart.<
>

> So, we’ll be slaughtering wild animals? Or hunting animals? Or putting
them
> on exhibition? Inquiring minds want to know!
>

> Muirghein
>

> --

---

Due to the nearly 100 percent likelihood of the bird flying away during the
process of uprooting, transporting and replanting, "partridge in a pear
tree" ranks just slightly ahead of "cat on a helicopter blade" as a
practical gift.