[Western] A thought of hope during the difficult times

Wilhelm von Arzt Wilhelm at swordworks.org
Sun Jan 6 19:40:48 PST 2008

My Friends,

I know that many of you don't know me, for I have only be in the SCA for 7
years.  I was there this weekend when the terrible news was announced. It
saddens my heart to hear that our Great Kingdom has fallen on such dark
times. But I would like to offer this thought to all of the wonderful people
I met this weekend as well as those friends whom live in the West. * "That
which does not kill us makes us stronger. " *Friedrich Nietzsche said this
and I think it is a great quote to remember. Yes the kingdom
has...reorganized, but unless I'm mistaken, this has not been the first
time. Before the Western Region, was there not a Western Alliance? Yes the
kingdom is changing the map. but your identity and spirit are still there.
So I say take this time to regroup and re-assert yourselves. Remember that
we are all Ansteorrans, we are family. and I, for one, hope that as
Ansteorrans we can get through this together.  The Western Region is not
dead as long as we don't let it die. and I for one will come out to as many
events as I can. I know it's a long distance ( 7hrs to Lubbock from Kyle)
and gas is expensive. but with a little creativeness I'm sure we can get
others to go to western events.  You all as a group amaze me. to give a
standing ovation to the Prince and Princess and the Greater officers that
came out to deliver the bad news was incredible! I don't thing any other
group would have been as courteous. I the society, the greatest precedence I
hold is the Sable Crane. and yet when I said I'd come out to a practice in
Trelac, The moved their practice to accommodate me. Twice I was asked to
come to the aid of the region. and both times I did. I got my Baron to send
me and some of our Baronial Guard to the aide of Bonwicke at Gothic war and
this last weekend Muirghein asked for help serving our Princess. The
hospitality that all of you have shown me even in the midst of this
turmoil... I just can't describe.  Thank you for all that you have done for
me.  and so I have another quote for you *"We will not go quietly into the
night!" We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're
going to survive!"*  (ID4)

Yours in service to the Dream,

Herr Wilhelm von Arzt
from the Barony of Bryn Gwlad
--
Why would anyone...ever...give a wrench to a Monkey?