[Western] Our loss

Elizabeth Blackthorne eblackthorne at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 23:32:44 PST 2008

Greetings to you all,

I am finding it hard to post because I want my words to be very carefully
constructed, as people who are not affected directly by this are on this
list.  There are also strong supporters of this decision on this list who
might take offense at how something is worded, and huge issues can happen.
I say this not only as a warning to you all, but also as a warning to
myself.

I will fight for Crossrode Keep as long as I live.  This is my group and I
cannot sit by a just watch this happen.  I hope the other members of my
group support me in this, but I cannot speak for them.

I would encourage anyone who feels that this was unjust to do the same.

Please follow the protocol on this.

Please understand that this had to be a difficult decision for those who
made it, just because you believe the situation is unjust, do not call the
decision makers unjust.  I am sure they made the decision that they truly
thought was best, and these human beings are capeable of mistakes.

As the Western Region we no longer exsist, however we can be the "region of
land in the western part of Ansteorra", shortened to "western region".  We
can still hang our disolved group banners as "historical displays"  we can
still call ourselves by the disolved groups names by leaving off, ":the
Shire of".  We can still hold our events, they will just be "off calendar",
which means we don't have to fiddle with NMS.  We can and should continue on
as this didn't happen, except for the polling.  Our current officers should
continue to send reports to both the Kingdom officers and the "legal" group
they belong to's officers.  We need to do this so when and if each group
appeals or resubmits there is record of activity.  Local Exchequers of the
dissolved groups should keep a record of the money they transferred into the
"legal" group's account, how much money was spent on the off-calendar event
hosted by the "household", and the profit/loss.  Send this thing on up to
the "legal" group's officer as well as the Kingdom Exchequer.  Host demos!!
Bring up numbers!!  HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a Crescent Moon rising in the West
we can not just give up,
there is fight still in us yet

So rise up my family, with passion, let it burn
They may have knocked us down
But we WILL Return

Though the Star eclipsed us, our fate isn't sealed
We are ANSTEORRAN
and we will NEVER yeild

L. Elizabeth Blackthorne
Proud to be a member of Crossrode Keep