[Western] You are needed....

Anton Zemlock III a.zemlock at suddenlink.net
Mon Jan 7 08:01:44 PST 2008

To all of those with sundered hearts,

It was apparent to me at our last event that many of you would consider it
your final one. I would ask that you reconsider because you are needed. Not
for numbers, not for officers, not for reports but for your love. Your love
of your friends, your family, and your fellow players can not be done
without.

I am amazed when told how long some of you have been playing. 7 years, 12,
years, 17 years and so on. After all that time, you are right to feel
betrayed and cast aside. That is not the whole of the story. In those many
years you have acquired so much knowledge and so many skills that only still
live on in you. You are the roots of the family tree that is the Western
Region and without you this tree would surely wither and die. The Dream
resides not in a name or a place but in the hearts and minds of those that
have made it their own. Pass on what you have learned. Stay and lead those
that come after as you were led by those that came before. In closing I can
say only this, whether you be fighter or artisan, stay and play; the sandbox
would be awfully sad and lonely without you.

In service,

Jean-Marc Lemainnoir