[Western] You would know better than me...

Quill gray.quill at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 10:56:30 PST 2008

Could those who KNOW please help me out: WHAT are the responsibilities of
each officer? I know that there are both clerical and social aspects, and
have gotten vague ideas of things to do with paperwork and background checks
and money and enforcing rules and shaking hands and making reports and
complaining about the impossibility of filing, but I honestly have no idea
what the specific duties are for each officer, and sometimes I get the
feeling that I'm not the only one. (Hey, some of us are still technically
new, we're allowed to show our wet ears and green branches sometimes.) How
can we hold our officers accountable if we don't know what they're
responsible for?

So what, exactly, are the Senescahl, the Reeve, the Chirurgeon, the Herald
(as an officer), the A&S and webminister/scribe, minister of children, and
youth/rapier/knight/archery/thrown weapons/projectile vomit marshalls [did I
miss anybody], and their deputies, supposed to do, supposed to know,
supposed to have??

PLEASE respond to me privately (gray.quill at gmail dot com) so as not to
take up any more bandwidth, and if the answers lie in specific documents
somewhere, please direct me to them so I can read for myself. (While you're
at it, if someone wants to explain/demonstrate how one puts in an
application for an office that comes open, I wouldn't mind being told
again.)

I am asking because I don't know. I am asking because I want to be able to
explain to other newcomers or people who realize they don't know either. And
I'm also asking because I think I might like to take on an officer position
someday, but I wouldn't take a job without knowing what I was getting into.
This darn sense of duty...

--
In service to The Dream and Dreamers all,
Cuillioc /|\ "Quill"

"It is said that the Devil never crossed the Tamar into Cornwall on account
of the well-known habit of Cornish women of putting everything into a pasty,
and that he was not sufficiently courageous to risk such a fate!"

-From the cookbook _Cornish Recipes Ancient and Modern_