[Western] Ansteorra Digest, Vol 26, Issue 53

Jena Kirby lamiablk at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 17 22:33:59 PDT 2008

Ni Hao

I have tried to let this go on in the hopes that the fervor would eventually die down. I had no idea what this small humble fence would do to the solidarity of this land. When His Excellency Chiang asked me, a few weeks ago, what would make me happiest to receive for the celebration of the anniversary of my birth, I answered, in my naivete, that I would love to have a fence around my gardens to keep the donkey herds from trampling my lovely flowers and herbs. This was done in an effort to not harm the herds or to cause them undo stress. Therefore the accusation that we have murdered these animals troubles me greatly. Now I promise you that had I wished to have the donkeys killed, I would have snatched up my weapons and led the hunting party myself. I am no stranger to bloodshed nor do I fear it. I have no qualms about putting asses in their place, be they smart or dumb. This herd in particular, however, were peaceable animals on the whole, just wont to
 eat my lotus flowers and herbs and trample my roses.

This talk of how large and imposing this fence is also surprises me. I had seen the plans for it. I suppose that it's slightly possible that the workers went an eensy bit too far in the building of the wall, but after all, it was for me.

And now a word to Stefan. My dear friend, if in fact your mother was injured, or Ancestors forbid it, killed in this, you have my deepest sympathy.

Zia Jian
Li Xiao Wuya
Baroness of Bonwicke