[Western] Rapier community, please read

jlusk at crcom.net jlusk at crcom.net
Fri Mar 7 06:30:29 PST 2008

Greetings!

I'm forwarding a neat email I got yesterday.  It's from a fencing club in
Midland.  Thought it might be a fun idea for you rapier fighters out
there.

Elewys
_____________________________

Hello SCA Officers,

My name is Matt Vann, I'm the president of La Belle Fencing Club in Midland,
TX.  We're a small recreational fencing club that has existed in Midland in
one form or another since 1983.  Our club practices modern Olympic style
fencing.  During a recent practice we were discussing the sport's history
and classical techniques.  We thought it might be fun to cross blades with
some SCA fencers in the area.

We'd like to have an informal meet somewhere, preferably outdoors, and
challenge the fencers in your group.  This would be strictly for fun and
fellowship.

Please pass this message to the appropriate officers in your group and
contact me if interested.  There are plenty of details to work out, but I
think it would be a great time.  All of my contact info is listed below.
Please feel free to contact me at any time.  I will be out of town March
17-28 and April 11-17, so use my cell number on those days.

Please visit our club's site at www.lbfcmidland.org.

An arrogant declaration of the challenge will be issued once the details are
worked out.

Thanks,

Matt

H:432-682-8266

W:432-688-4614

C:432-638-7783

Matt Vann

(432) 682-8266

In an intense situation, you will not rise to the occasion.  You will
default to your level of training.