[Wiesenfeuer] Book Club

Ginger Sorrels eadwyngatherd at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 19:18:31 PST 2022

We are starting a Book Club, everyone that is interested is welcome to
join. We will be meeting virtually via Google Meet, with extra discussion
happening on the Wiesenfeuer Discord server.

Greetings All! I’d like to announce a book club devoted to reading and
discussing period works (fiction, nonfiction, poetry, plays, etc). Each
month we will pick a new work and meet virtually on the fourth Thursday to
discuss. Discussions will be open to any areas that provoke interest:
literary, historical, cultural comparisons, relevance to people’s persona –
whatever comes to mind! It is simply a chance to enjoy what a variety of
works from different times and cultures have to offer and the rabbit holes
they send us down! We will be starting with Sir Gawain and the Green
Knight, but after that suggestions for future works are welcomed and
encouraged. We would like to keep the works relatively short so the time
commitment isn’t too cumbersome. I would also love to have guest speakers
to act as experts on the works, their time periods, or any other relevant
aspects. We have setup a Discord channel to discuss the work throughout the
month and/or we can discuss under the Facebook event’s page. I plan to post
trivia and questions and would love if others did so as well leading up to
the virtual meeting to make this as lively and fun as possible. Since many
of these works have multiple versions, we will provide the link to the one
we will be reading so everyone is on the same page so to speak. You can
find the link for Sir Gawain in this post. Please join us, make suggestions
and comments, and together we can mold this club together! ~Isabeau Wynter~

Here is the link to the first topic. Author Anonymous (c.1390) - Sir Gawain
and the Green Knight (poetryintranslation.com)
<https://www.poetryintranslation.com/PITBR/English/GawainAndTheGreenKnight.php?fbclid=IwAR2CnnMse5sOOr9_AJ6Kzmr1CaXku3skgya9iMbLVitAwgD2pMIT7sA9qPw>

Here is the link to the Discord server if you are interested in joining us
there.  https://discord.gg/CrbaGcUD

The link to the Google Meet meeting will be sent out about 30 min before
the meeting starts.

In Service,
Eadwyn seo Gathyrde