[Ansteorra-announce] Thank you Attendees and Waterbearers for QC

Elizabeth Crouchet ecs at io.com
Wed Aug 1 15:45:03 PDT 2001

I just want to send a great big THANK YOU to all who attended and to the
Water Bearers for
the recent Queen's Championship.

The temperature topped 100 degrees that day and it was humid as well.

We had one person seek assistance for PRE-heat stroke. NOT ONE person
collapsed or reported serious effects of from he heat.

I find that truly amazing. My heartfelt thanks to the water bearers and
those handing out wet cloths.
And my thanks to the populace that attended for taking care of yourselves
and each other!

Vivat all! And keep it up. August is known for more 100 degree plus days in
Austin than July is.
We are not out of the oven yet. Several heat related deaths have made the
news in the last several days. Lets not let the next one be one of ours.

Thank you Ruric for directing waterbearing activites and Lady Constance for
assisting him and all those that volunteered and asssited at Queen's
champion.

Please continue to keep up with and care for each other through this year's
heat wave.

See you on the field.

Claire