[Ansteorra-announce] Steppes 12th Night

Aaron Robb philo_net at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 2 21:41:46 PST 2001

Greetings to all! I wanted to remind everyone that  Steppes 12th
Night is only a few short weeks away. You can check the ad in the
Black Star or go to www.steppes.org for full information, but here
are the highlights:

When: Saturday January 5th, 2002 Site opens at 10 a.m. and closes at
10 p.m.
Where: Sokol Hall, Ennis, Texas (Hwy 34 just east of the intersection
with I 45)
How Much: Site is$6 adults, $3 children 6-12, and children under 6
free. Feast is $6 adults, $3 children. Reservations are highly
suggested.

The details:

The event has a late period German theme this year, and to encourage
everyone to get into the spirit of that time and place many of the
contests this year will be geared toward rewarding those who display
the best in period German attire. For those of you who have already
planned on coming in from lands outside the German borders, do not
fear! Many of the traditional contests will be held as well and we
encourage you to enter!

***Feast will be limited and we have already sold a large chunk of
the spots available, so please get your reservations in quickly.***

Feast reservations are being taken on a *prepaid* basis only. In
order to avoid having the scores of cancellations, and the wasted
food that goes along with them, we are taking feast reservations on a
prepaid basis only. Reservations for feast will be accepted *with
prepayment by check only*. Confirmations will be returned to those
good gentles who provide an e-mail address. Please make checks
payable to SCA, Inc./Barony of the Steppes and mail to 116 W.
Williamsburg, Arlington, TX 76014

We will be closing reservations on 12-31-01, so remember to get your
check in the mail well before the holiday rush. Last minute
cancellations will be re-sold at the door on a first come, first
served basis, but don’t plan on having many of these available.

Lady Averial Thorhalla has graciously offered to coordinate
children’s activities. She is requesting that anyone who might have
an interest in passing on some of their knowledge to the next
generation (translation: interested in teaching, story telling, or
otherwise entertaining) contact her. She is creating a schedule of
wonderfully talented people who are willing to share their knowledge
and vision with our future leaders that looks to be most excellent.
She can be reached at averialj at hotmail.com

There will be heralds on site for consultations, as well as wonderful
merchants, a silent auction of years worth of Baronial lost and found
items, and much, much more.

Volunteers are still needed for many areas! Please contact the
autocrats if interested in helping out!

If you have questions, please see the Steppes web page
www.steppes.org  or contact the autocrats, Ld. Philip White (Craig
Shupee) philipwhite at hotmail.com or Ld. Philo Alexander (Aaron Robb)
philo_net at yahoo.com

=====