[Ansteorra-announce] Come to Lughnasad!

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad2 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 13 12:04:17 PDT 2001

The Canton of Loch Ruadh invites you to

LUGHNASAD

The Celtic Celebration of the Harvest
in the midst of golden August
at the First Monday Trade Days site in Canton, Texas,
17 - 19 August.

We envision a relaxed and unhurried event, well suited
to the long, hot days of the Ansteorran summer.

Competition for the Titled Bard of Loch Ruadh
To be held during Feast

Other Scheduled Activities Include:
Hafla (Friday night)
Heavy List (Progressive Melee)
Rapier List (Bear Pit)
Archery Competition
Knife and Axe Throw
Arts & Sciences Novice Competition
Brewing Competition (Beers/Ales, Wines, Meads,
Non-alcoholic)
Meeting of the Azure Keystone of Elfsea
Treasurer’s Class
Youth Academy Meeting

Children’s Activities include:
Children’s A&S Competition
Children’s Bardic
The Misty Forest
Donnybrook (Water Ball Melee)
Youth Rapier Tournament
Youth Archery Competition

Warm Weather Feast
Served Buffet Style
And just for fun:
Grand Hoohah Court
Filk Bardic Circle

Site: Canton First Monday Trade Days, Canton, TX
Site opens at 4:00pm Friday and closes at Noon Sunday
Site/Feast Fee: $10 for adults $5 for children 6-12
Children 5 and under free
Make checks payable to SCA Inc./Canton of Loch Ruadh
Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal
guardian, or by an adult aged 21 or older with  a
signed and notarized Minor Event Waiver form from the
parent or guardian.

Autocrats
Lord Padraig Ruad O’Maolagain
(Sam Milligan)
817-367-3326
padraig_ruad at irishbard.com

Baroness Dana Mac an Ghabhann
(Donna Wallis)
mama_mac at airmail.net

Feastocrat
Lady Gwenllian Hertewelle
(Julie Self)
julie_self at hotmail.com

Merchant Coodinator
Lady Asa Hrafnasdottir
HRAFNASDOT at aol.com

The site is just off of I-20 about 1 hour east of
Dallas.
On I-20, take exit #526.
Go south on FM 859 approximately 1.2 miles to the west
gate entrance.
The site has shaded camping with water, electric
outlets, showers and flush toilets.
Site is wet - period containers, please.
Pets are allowed as long as they are on a leash and
attended at all times with all necessary vaccination
papers.

=====
Nunc est bibendum