[Ansteorra-announce] Silent heraldry - name/contact info

Ivo Blackhawk ivo_blackhawk at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 14 21:33:21 PDT 2001

During the roundtable discussion about silent heraldry at this weekends
event, it was decided that a kingdom level administrator was needed to cross
coordinate interpreting efforts across what is truly a large logistical
playing field I volunteered for the position, now tentatively titled "Chief
herald of the golden hands" (or something to that effect *shrug*), but don't
hold me to that just yet. The position is totally administrative at the
moment, and will work to try and get deaf language interpreters in touch
with the groups that need them for courts and event.

This announcement is meant to tell everyone who was not at the discussion
about the efforts being set forth, and to try and get a general 'call to
arms' for qualified sign language interpreters to step forward and tell us
that they are there.

Below will be my contact information, please contact me if you are any of
the following:

- schooled in any level of sign language (ASL or Total Communication)

- interested in learning Sign language

- are interested in assisting in the administrative works

- KNOW SOMEONE OUTSIDE THE SCA WHO MIGHT BE ABLE TO
     HELP TEACH  SIGN LANGUAGE!
    (Hint Hint ;)

and finally...

- if you are Deaf (or hard of hearing) or know deaf members of the society.

Please tell me who you are, which of these you fit under, what group you
play with.

Lord Ivo Blackhawk

225 S Husband ST
Stillwater Ok