[Ansteorra-announce] Kingdom Dance Symposium

Heather Jones hjones at sugar-land.oilfield.slb.com
Fri Jun 8 09:55:14 PDT 2001

The Canton of Westgate invites all good gentles with an interest in music
or dance to join us on July 21, 2001, as we host this year's Kingdom Dance
Symposium.

This year's symposium will feature a Middle Eastern dance track, a
musician's track and three European dance tracks.  The kingdom's guest
teacher will be Dr. Yvonne Kendall, professor at the University of
Houston.  Dr. Kendall will teach a class on 16th century Italian dances and
a class on 15th century Basse dances.  Please see our web site
at  (http://westgate.ansteorra.org/kds/kds.htm) for a more detailed list of
classes.  The day will culminate in a European ball and a Middle Eastern
hafla.  Come show off the skills you have learned during the day!

Site Information:
The Kingdom Dance Symposium will be held at Boni's Dance Studio (9102
Forest Crossing Drive; The Woodlands, TX 77381).  Site opens at 8:30 am and
will close at 10:00 pm.  Site Fee is $10/adult, $5/12 and under, with a $30
family maximum.  Luncheon, an evening dessert sideboard, and disposable
feast gear are included in your site fee; however, there will be no evening
feast.

Directions to site:
Take your best route to I-45 in The Woodlands.  Turn west on Research
Forest Dr. Turn SW (left) on Gosling Rd. Turn SE (left) on Forest Crossing
Dr.  Please note this is a dry site and no pets are allowed.

Additional information:
There will be a silent auction to benefit the SCA Texas Renaissance
Festival fund.  To make donations, please contact Mistress Hillary at
mgreene at mpan.com or the autocrats.

There is limited merchant space available.  Merchants, please contact
Mistress Hillary at mgreene at mpan.com for more information.

If you are interested in teaching a class, please contact:
Middle Eastern -- Lady Ceara at kieralady at webtv.net
European -- HL Ihon at jhirling at houston.rr.com
Music -- Master Avatar at avatar1 at flash.net

For further information, please contact the Autocrats:
HL Signy Gandalvsdottir
Debbie Spangler - paperdol at wt.net
281-353-9118

Lord David Dayly
Dale Pollack - d_pollack at earthlink.net
281-561-0652

Please make checks payable to SCA, Inc., Canton of Westgate.
Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.  They may also
attend with a 21-year-old or older adult with a signed and notarized Minor
Event Waiver Form from the parents.  There will be no children's activities
at this event.