[Ansteorra-announce] Bjornsborg A&S Collegium and Prize tourney

pubear pubear at ev1.net
Sun Jun 3 18:24:44 PDT 2001

Bjornsborg Baronial A&S collegium

Date:  July 21st 2001

Time: Site opens   8:00 am
Classes: 10:00 am to 5 pm
Pot luck feast 6:00 followed by revel
 Site closes 10:00 pm

Site:  Red Cross center
3642 E. Houston
San Antonio, TX 78219

We will have 3 tracks of classes including Masters Godwyn on medieval
metallurgy, Master Cynric on the life of a medieval scribe, Mistress Gunnora
on basic Viking persona, Mistress Mari on Basic Celtic persona.  I have
additional classes on illumination, braiding, weaving, and many more!

In addition, we will have a common area with an "ask the laurels table", and
a small static art display area.  All visitors will be encouraged to leave
feedback and prizes similar in fashion to laurel's prize tourney.  In
addition, the southern regional scribe may be teaching charter painting.
Lady Alexandria will be sponsoring a period luncheon side bar.  There will
be potluck feast and revel after the collegium.

Currently, I am looking for additional teachers.  The only restrictions are
no alcohol, and we are investigating small torches for a prospective class
on bead making.  Until then, no fire either.   Bjornsborg without fire...
Aaahh well, we will get by.

For more information contact

Event steward and class coordinator
Bersi Ormstunga