[Ansteorra-announce] New Fighters Tournament @ Castellan

Carl Chipman cchipman at nomadics.com
Thu May 24 14:37:23 PDT 2001

To all fighters newly engaged in our joyous combat, my squire brothers
and I invited you to attend Northkeep's Baronial Castellan and compete
in her Drighton Tourney on Saturday.  Additionally, for those strong of
body and heart, there will be an additional speed tournament on Sunday
for newcomers only.  There will be a prize for the winner, as well as
prizes for those who come armour up.  For the record, by new fighters,
we typically mean those who have been fighting for less than two years.

The new fighters tournament will be a speed round with a 5 (or 10 if
there are enough fighters) minutes fighting, with a 10 minute break in
between rounds.

First Round: Daggers
Second Round: Great Axe (we will have some loaner gauntlets for those
who don't have them)
Third Round: Single Sword
Fourth Round: Sword and Shield;

To the experienced fighters, I ask that you attend to watch and help
provide weapons or additional gauntlets for the new fighters.

Thankfully yours,
Lds. Jean Paul de Sens, Karl Hungus, and Alton le Pieto.

Carl Chipman
Nomadics, Inc.
cchipman at nomadics.com
http://www.nomadics.com