[Ansteorra-announce] More thanks from the Silver Protectorate

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at mmcable.com
Mon Oct 15 21:39:58 PDT 2001

The elation from the event has overwhelmed us.  There really are too many
people to thank.  We could put the gate sign-in sheet on here, but that
would still leave people out.

The tournament had nearly fifty of the best fighters in Ansteorra on the
chivalric field. It boiled down to Knight vs. Squire as Earl Alaric
(finally) defeated Lord Virgil after a long and determined fight.

The rapier field was graced by the best and the fastest, or maybe the most
cunning? Wit as well as steel clashed, and from this maelstrom Don Brendan
rose victorious.

The Order of the Heart of the Sable Storm received four new members, and a
fifth storm visited the list field briefly.  It seems a small dust devil was
attracted to our fair barony and paused long enough to twist a pavillion
into a pretzel before moving along.

Namron has their first Equestrian Champion!  Lady Ah-may (I never saw the
correct spelling) was the first to answer our call, and moved our hearts so
greatly that she was proclaimed the first to carry this title.

With something like 500 people in attendance, we had guests from all over
the kingdom.  People were willing to drive 12 hours to come to Protectorate,
and had as much fun as those for whom it was almost "down the street".
(Yes, Mooneschadowe, we saw you there, and our apologies for leaving you out
of the earlier note.)  The bardic fires of the evening were fed with stories
both about and *from* some of Ansteorra's greatest legends.  And the hafla
kept people dancing until nearly dawn.

Finally, we thank Her Majesty for gracing us with her beauty, her charm, and
her good humor.  While court was one of the longest we've ever done here,
she made it a pleasure to attend.  Not to mention our thanks for the Crown's
recognition of the virtues of so many of the populace, as well as the
recognition of four peers of the realm.  And our personal thanks to Queen
Larissa for giving Namron the best Protectorate we have ever had.

For those of you who could not be here for this magical time, we invite you
to attend next year.  Protectorate will always be one of "the" events, and
Namron will always strive to make it so.

Ulf and Maleah
Baron and Baroness