[Ansteorra-announce] Pictures of TRF and the SCA

MGreene at mpan.com MGreene at mpan.com
Tue Oct 16 16:21:07 PDT 2001

Thought some of you might enjoy a few photos of the SCA at one of the
largest DEMOS the known world has for our     society at the Texas
Renaissance Festival:
http://www.digitalmischief.net/ren_pics/trf/2001/a/_main.html
As you scan through the photos, included you will find our fighters on the
battle mound and some of Istanpitta, a musical group made of SCA
members.... along with all the fun photos of the fair itself.

If you have not participated in the SCA-Texas Renaissance Festival Demo
with us in the *last 6-7 years*, then you have NOT seen all the changes
that have happened:
     The fighting on the battle mound with armored and rapier sessions,
three times daily, for a 20 min demo.
          (Yeah, ok, so we still do that ....)
     The arts and crafts on display and being demonstrated in the SCA
compound.
     The bardic songs and dance throughout and outside the SCA compound.

And the joys and fun of the festival for the small fee of **'3-hrs**  doing
a demo(fighting, arts, bardic, waterbearing, marshalling, information
booth, etc.) at the SCA compound.   That's pretty cheep!! when the tickets
at the fair going for nearly $20 these days.

There are no more games to hawk and work at the fair, for the SCA.  There
are lots of camping space, a simple meal on Saturday evening hosted by our
autocrat for the weekend, for a small fee;  hot showers and running water.
There is an overall (7 weekends) SCA Liason (a job that rotates each year),
and each weekends activites is hosted by an SCA branch, and run by an
Autocrat.    Its almost a mini-event each weekend, you never know what the
liason's have planned for us.

For further information about joining us for our demo, and all the FUN we
have, check with the SCA Liason at : http://home.houston.rr.com/scaattrf/

The festival will from NOW till Nov. 18th, every weekend, Sat. and Sun. .
I hope you will join us there.
Mistress Hillary Greenslade, OP          Stargate