[Ansteorra-announce] Academy of the Rapier

Erik Langhans ELanghans at khou.com
Thu Oct 25 13:54:17 PDT 2001

Unless I am greatly mistaken, I am Class Coordinator for the Next Academy of the Rapier.

We need classes and Instructors.  Scarves and non-Scarves.  Fighting and non-fighting.  Period and non-period.

I am asking for 2 instructors per class (a built in back-up and it makes the classes more interesting)

I am envisioning up to six 6 tracks (4 minimum).  At least A Beginner Track, An Intermediate/Advanced Track, A Period Stuff Track, A Non-Fighting Track.

Let me start the class list off with.....(list will be updated often)
Inside the Mind of a Duelist.  Instructors: Miguel, Modius, Brenden.

White Scarves come talk about your expertise, your knowledge.  Cadets come show what you know and come show your skill at instruction.  All rapierists, you say you have never been able to fight a White Scarf.  Now's your opportunity.

This is your last chance before Britta's Queens to get a crash course in whatever you need.

I ask that all Instructors be they White Scarves or Non-scarves to please TAKE CLASSES and bring equipment.  Try to make your classes as interactive and hands on if possible.  Each track will be Broken out as follows...

9a-9:55a
10a-10:55a
11a-11:55a
12p-1p Lunch and Open Fighting w/ Dons and Instructors
1p-1:55p
2p-2:55p
3p-3:55p
4p-4:55p Roundtable Discussion with White Scarves
5p Open Fighting

Rapierists.  Your Academy needs you!  Your Community needs you!

Please contact me regarding any classes you wish to run or take!  Updates to follow.

Don Modius von Mergentheim, OL, OP
home 713-290-0301
cell 713-818-4905
modius at cityscope.net