[Ansteorra-announce] Highland Games II, The Clan Wars

Hroowyna at aol.com Hroowyna at aol.com
Tue Apr 23 12:59:28 PDT 2002

 Greeting,

  The Ffynnon Gath, Highland Games II, the Clan Wars, was a joyous
  and memorable event. I heard many speak of their excitement in
  participating in the war games, highland games, men in kilts
  contest and feast.  A great gathering of gentiles came to drink
  at the Saracen Blade tavern and play medieval games in the
  Hroost Inn, gaming house, as well as to sit by the roaring fire
  and enjoy the Middle Eastern Hafla (fire-dancing and drumming).
    Although I was not able to play in Sir Corwin Von Xanten
  assassins tourney, I heard many had a blast and I will be sure
  to join in the fun next year!

  Claeton, your feast was wonderful in itself and I and many
  others were very impressed with your talent of building an
  onsite rock oven to bake and cook in,Huzah!

  I want to especially thank, Lord Darroch of sky for assisting me
  in all avenues of the Hroost Inn, I could not have done it
  without you, Huzah !

  Lady Shula (Saiida Saar-rah al-Sabbirah khaDraa' al-`ayn ad-Daar
  al-Libnee), Lady Tabitha Baker and Lady Robin of Ross,(Bryn
  Gwlad) your persona play of "Three Irish Sisters" was wonderful
  with your singing of very entertaining/bawdy songs.  And
  congratulations on winning the "Bawdy Song contest, Huzah!

  Lord Marion du Massue (Bryn Gwlad), congratulations on winning
  the Men in Kilts contest, Huzah !
  Lord Darroch of sky was the previous holder of this prestigious
  title given by the lovely women of House Amazon. It has now
  dawned on me, these two Lords are from the House of Brick, so
  M'lords, next years contest will be quite the challenge!!

  Many other winnings were to be had, and if any one else knows
  who these fine people are, please post.
  Thanks goes out to all who attended and volunteered, Huzah
  !!!!!!

  Last but not least, many members of Ffynnon Gath ( I won't name
  for fear of leaving someone out),worked very hard on this event,
  yet as I saw each and everyone of you this last weekend, there
  were smile on your faces and you all were having way too much
  fun !!!

  I Can't Wait until our next event !!!

  Lady Hroowyna Standohtor ye Staninghamm
  Ffynnon Gath