[Ansteorra-announce] Re: Proposal on Membership Reform - redux

Armand Dragonetti dragonetti at generich.com
Wed Dec 4 16:26:34 PST 2002

Greetings Ansteorra,

On behalf of Duke Frederick of Holland, I am forwarding a message from him
regarding his proposal for SCA membership reform. (Be aware that this not an
official endorsement by the Grand Council or the SCA, Inc.)

In your service, I remain,
Ld. Armand Dragonetti

To all those nobles and gentles to whom these letters patent shall come,
greeting.

I beg to disturb your conversations but briefly to announce that my
proposal to change the way memberships are looked at has been sent to the
board with a plea that it be put on the agenda for the January Meeting.

Briefly put, the proposal would make the criterion for membership be
participation in the SCA, it would split Kingdom Newsletters from membership
and give control of them to the Kingdom, it would reduce the overhead cost
of the SCA, Inc. to a manageable minimum and it would fund that minimum with
a nominal Franchise Fee attached to the running of normal events.
(Nominal = $1 per person in attendance.) The proposal also includes a
method for determining who is a member of a branch for the purposes of
setting up polling rosters.

The proposal is available to view on a website,

  http://xray.cchem.berkeley.edu/flieg2/allmember

together with a lot of supporting material. If you have already been to the
site, you might want to re-visit it -- there is a lot more stuff there. If
you have already written to the Board about this as a result of my previous
exhortation, thank you and there is no need to do so again.

Gentlemen and ladies, I thank you for your attention.

   *   *   *    Frederick of Holland, MSCA, OP, OL, etc.
  *|* *|* *|*   flieg at socrates.berkeley.edu
 |===========|  http://xray.cchem.berkeley.edu/flieg2/allmember
  (((Flieg Hollander, Chemistry Dept., U.C. Berkeley)))
 ===A crank.========= Old Used Duke ======Not a tool.=====
 [All subjects of the Crown are equal under its protection.]