[Ansteorra-announce] Vikings invade Georgetown

Michael Scofield ivar_runamagi at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 5 18:02:19 PST 2002

Greetings to my nordic friends in Ansteorra.

The nordic groups of Texas (Norse, Swedes, Finns, Icelanders, and Danes)are
gathering in Georgetown, just north of Austin, on April 27-28, 2002, to
celebrate the nordic cultures. The Ansteorran Longship Company has again
been asked to bring our boat (fresh from the Smithsonian exhibit in Houston)
and ourselves to Viking Fest 2002. I would ask that anyone who has a
"viking" persona and is interested in meeting and talking many thousands of
people about life in the Viking Age to contact me privately about what we
are doing and what we need.

This has turned out to be a pretty good way to get people into the SCA and
to let them know about the SCA so we want to put on a good show. We really
need fighters who have viking period looking armor and people who have
viking tents. We will be setting up a "viking village" on the grounds for
show, and to live in for the festival.

Ivar Runamagi
Bjornsborg