[Ansteorra-announce] Glaslyn's Defender of the Flame

Richard Culver rbculver at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 17 06:46:43 PST 2002

Cyniric hlafard Cyniwarding Wulfricinga does sends greetings to the great
folk of Ansteorra!

    On behalf of the people of the Canton of Glaslyn would like to invite
their friends and neighbors to their Defender of the Flame tournement of the
weekend of the 17th, 18th, and 19th of May (the weekend before Warlord).

     We will be awarding our Defenders in Chivalric, Rapier, and Archery.
Also the Ladies of Glaslyn will be awarding the Keepers of the Flame in each
of the above.  The Keeper is the person the Ladies consider the most
chivalric and/or daring  during the tournement, yet it may not be the person
who won.

     The Chivalric style will start as a best two out of three.  The victors
from the first round then move to the second where the defeated from the
first round go single weapon in a 2-on-1 against the victors.  each round
thereafter a new attacker is added.   Last year the rounds went to 6-on-1.
We hope to see the number go higher this year. :)
     The Rapier will be a hold-your-ground combat form.  The first round is
best 2 of three.  Then the victors face two opponents while being confined
to a circular area of a pre-determined size.  After that round the area
becomes smaller.  Then more opponents will be added.
     This is the first year for Archery so stay tuned for more details.

     We will have activities for children, a bardic, food, and much more.

     The site will be Hawkwood Faire (where Border Wars was held this year).

      Please look here and in the Black Star for more details.

Godspeed,
Cyniric, steward of DOTF