[Ansteorra-announce] Gulf War: Don't Forget to Bring a Shovel

Brian & Pam Martin TWINOAK at prodigy.net
Thu Feb 28 18:58:55 PST 2002

Greetings All,

What's that? Pendaran is suggesting that you bring a shovel to Gulf War?
Has he lost his mind? (Quite possibly, but not regarding this.)

Is he suggesting that we'll have to bury the Trimarans that we kill? (No, the stubborn buggers won't stay dead.)

What then? What is he trying to tell us? Well, let me tell you that there are a few things that you can always count on at Gulf War:
    1. FUN!
    2. Great fighting
    3. Great shopping
    4. Great times with friends
    5. Rain

Anyone who's been to Gulf War will tell you that it will rain at least once. It is therefore wise to dig trenches around your tent to drain the water so you don't wind up with a puddle in your tent floor. I know that sounds like work but the ground is sandy and its actually pretty easy. Besides, you can always pretend that you're digging a moat. (Moats are period, by the way. I looked it up.)

So remember to bring a shovel if you and dig a trench (or moat). And if you do, please be sure to fill it in before you leave!

See you at the war!
Pendaran,
Ansteorran Liaison, GW XI