[Ansteorra-announce] Lughnasad Arts & Sciences Competition

Steve Rourke srourke at prodigy.net
Sat Jul 13 00:32:15 PDT 2002

                    Lughnasad Arts and Sciences Competition
                                 August 9-11, 2002
                      First Mondays Trade Days Location
                                      Canton TX

This year there will be two count 'em two adult competitions at Lughnasad.

The first is in keeping with the theme of Lughnasad. Since Lughnasad is the
Celtic Festival of the Harvest, the first will be a cooking competition.
However, since this is about the harvest, all entries must be made from
grain, be it, bread, barley soup, etc.
Documentation is preferred.

The second will be an Open Novice Competition. For this one it's really
simple. Have you ever wanted to try something you haven't done, or never
entered a competition before? Then this is the competition for you!!!
Documentation is not required, nice, but you don't have to have it. For this
competition a "novice" is someone who has not entered their piece in more
than three other competition and not won, or obviously someone who has never
entered at all.

The little ones will not be left out either. For the Children's/Youth A&S
competition, they only need to enter something that is specific to their
persona's culture. Again documentation is preferred, but I'm sure our judges
will understand if the wee ones don't have any.

For any questions please feel free to contact me at
srourke at prodigy.net

Dohmnall Dubh O'Ruairc

---