[Ansteorra-announce] Heraldic Help

Darin Herndon dherndon at bswintl.com
Mon Jun 17 17:42:06 PDT 2002

To the populace of the mighty realm of Ansteorra, greetings.

On July 6, 2002, the Shire of Mooneschadowe will host the 2002
Ansteorran Heraldic and Scribal Symposium.  Instructors are coming from
multiple kingdoms to teach about the many different areas of heraldry
and the scribal arts.  For details, directions, and a current class
list, please visit the website (HTTP://www.ansteorra.org/heraldry/ahss/)
or email me (nordsteorra at ansteorra.org) and I will be happy to help with
questions.

I would invite the populace of Ansteorra to email me at
nordsteorra at ansteorra.org and answer the following question:  What
class, if offered, would make you really think about attending?  Please
do not reply to the list, but email me directly.  Are you really in need
of a class on Hungarian naming practices?  Do you have a problem with a
household device and really would be interested in a class about how
medieval arms in the SCA are evaluated for registration?  Are you a new
group herald and really dying for a good class on how to do a court?
While many classes are already planned, and more are in the works but
not posted yet, let me know what you would like to see.

If you have a scribal suggestion, I will happily pass it along to the
Northern Regional Scribe who is coordinating the scribal classes.  If
you have a heraldic suggestion, I will make an effort try and get you
your class.  And, whether I succeed or not, I will email you back to let
you know if we can get the class you requested.  This is your chance to
learn more about what interests you in heraldry and scribal arts.  What
classes do you want?

Sincerely,
Seigneur Etienne de St. Amaranth, CSM
Nordsteorra Herald (Northern Regional)
Heraldic Class Coordinator for AH&SS 2002