[Ansteorra-announce] NON SCA EVENT - Drumming Workshop with Master Daveed

Zenobia Mira Vallis VivatTheDream at cox.net
Fri Mar 1 11:41:11 PST 2002

 (Note: Not an official SCA event.)

Master drummer Daveed Korup will be in Tulsa, Oklahoma, September 21-22 to teach a two-day Middle Eastern drum workshop.  See more details at the end of this message.  The class is nearly full, so contact us soon if you're interested in attending.  All profits from the workshop will be used to fund the free hafla Saturday night - dancers and drummers welcome!

Sorry if you get this message more than once.  We're so excited about Daveed coming here, and we want to share this wonderful event with other SCA drummers and dancers!

In peace,
 Zenobia Mira Vallis
 VivatTheDream at cox.net
Master Daveed, of Atlantia, teaches at Pennsic and is a member of Turku. His CD, Rhythm Rides for Doumbek, sets the standard for doumbek instruction. Join us for his intensive, two-day workshop. Reservations are limited to 25 participants. And even if you don't drum, come to the free hafla Saturday night! Some crash space available.  (Note:  It's also the weekend of Tulsa's annual Scottish Games, if you want a fun way to spend some time before the hafla.)

WORKSHOP: Sat, Sept 21, 10:00-4:00 and Sun, Sept 22, 10:00-2:00

FEE: $35.00 (pre-registration required)

HAFLA: Sat, Sept 21, 7:00pm-??

SITE: Living Arts of Tulsa - 308 S. Kenosha, Tulsa, OK

CONTACT: Zenobia (Shirley Roper) - 918/438-1166, VivatTheDream at cox.net, or

Baroness Mercedes (Stephanie Drake) - 918/245-2821, steldr at cox.net