[Ansteorra-announce] Volunteers at GW - List

MGreene at mpan.com MGreene at mpan.com
Thu Mar 7 15:13:18 PST 2002

Greetings to all the Ansteorran Volunteers I look forward to working with
at Gulf Wars this year.

I finally have a list of what counts for Volunteer work at Gulf Wars.
Essentially, any area at the war, that is declared as a 'POINT' will count
as Volunteer hours,
plus a few other special areas.  Much is the same as prior years.   And the
list is:

* Heralds Point  (working at point, on the list/battle fields, and crying
the camps)
* Gate/Troll         (12 midnight to 7am counts double hours)
* Waterbearers
* Chirurgeons      (12 midnight to 7am counts double hours)
* Marshals - armored, rapier, equestrian, coursing, and archery
* Security              (12 midnight to 7am counts double hours)
* Ministry of Children Activities
* Early-on Crew/Land-o-crat setup staff
* Barn crew that maintains the barn and livestock
* Nastycrat - supplies port-o-johns with paper (double hours)
* Teaching A&S classes
*  A&S Champions Judging
* Charter/Scribes Painting for court scrolls
*  Information Point
*  Orchestra Pit Musicians for the Balls
(that should be all, let me know if I've forgotten an area, when in doubt,
check with Volunteer Point)

Changes this year:
* There has been a redesign of the volunteer sheets, known as 'chits', so
if you don't fill in a master-volunteer-form, you don't have to.  All the
information will be on the chits that is needed, should someone else turn
your 'chits' in for you.    But, if time permits, please still plan to fill
out a master-volunteer-form.

*  NO Vounteer hours will be allowed, if a signed chit is not turned in.
Sorry, but no paper, no hours declared!!
But, anyone can turn in a set of chits, even those not their own, so long
as they are filled in and signed by a valid department head.   Please don't
wait till the last minute to turn them in, as the Volunteer Point will have
too many to process otherwise.

*  There will be only two buckets for raffle ticket designations to declare
kingdom war points, Ansteorra and Trimaris.
There is no longer an 'Other' bucket.

*  There is a change on the raffle process, I'll discuss that on a
following post.

Sorry for the long delay in getting this list to you all, but the e-mail
address for the Volunteer Coordinator (AElfgifu) on the Gulf War webpage
had changed, and was not updated.  We finally connected to finalize the
information.  If anyone has been trying to contact  AElfgifu, and needs a
valid e-mail address, please mail me and I'll pass it along.

Yours in service,
Mistress Hillary Greenslade, Co-deputy Volunteer Coordinator
mgreene at mpan.com