[Ansteorra-announce] Volunteer Hours

Vicki Marsh XaraXene at attbi.com
Thu Mar 21 20:50:40 PST 2002

Mistress Xene here:

>Volunteer Hours
>>HRM Aaron wrote:

>Ansteorra had 1683 Volunteer Hours
>Trimaris had 1735 Volunteer Hours

These counts were actually based on the raffle tickets, not the physical
hours.  Volunteer Point gave out 1 ticket for every 2 hours. Take those
numbers and multiply by two.

 When the tickets ran out, we started adding up all the hours by hand.
Total approximate combined hours were 6836.  This was based on all the hours
reported to us by 2pm on Saturday.  I know for a fact that others continued
to work, selflessly, for hours after the counting ended because the work
needed to be done. A Hero does what has to be done.

To run an event like this takes an enormous amount of time, effort, and
energy.  Working volunteer point was an incredible experience for me.  There
were children working at Scribe's point, teachers working in the Page's
school, people who put in an incredible number of hours, and others who were
the Heroes behind the scenes so that our competitors could shine and be the
Heroes on the Fields of Honor.

Ansteorra is a Kingdom of Heroes, but our fellow Sca'dians in Meridies,
Trimaris, Calontir, and all the other Mighty Kingdoms present joined forces
to work hand in hand with each other.

We may not have won the Volunteer Point, but we are all Heroes.

in Service,

Mistress Xene Theriane, OL, OP co-deputy Volunteer Coordinator
along with
Mistress Hillary Greenslade,OP co-deputy Volunteer Coordinator