[Ansteorra-announce] Upcoming Rose Tounaments

Kimberly Koch sarapenrose at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 6 19:37:28 PST 2002

Greetings from Countess Sara Penrose on behalf of the
Order of the Rose!

Some time ago, the Ladies of the Rose started a
series of tournaments. It was our desire to host a
tournament to celebrate and pay tribute to each of
following areas of endeavor: chivalric combat, rapier
combat, arts and sciences, bardic, equestrian, and
archery.  We have picked our champions in
the first three areas of endeavor, and we are now
planning to choose our champions in the last three.

The following groups have graciously agreed to allow
us to choose our champions at tournaments already
scheduled to be held at their upcoming events:

Shire of Rosenfeld - Three Kings - Archery Tourney
(in conjunction with the Royal Huntsman competition)

Barony of Bordermarch - Autumn Melees - Equestrian
Tourney (in conjunction with the Baronial equestrian
championship)

Barony of the Steppes - Twelfth Night - Bardic
Tourney (in conjunction with Kingdom Eisteddfodd)

At each of these events, the Order of the Rose
wishes to lend lend praise, largesse, and wordfame to
the entrants of these highly regarded and
prestigious competitions.  We will carefully observe
the participants entered in each competition and
choose our champions from among those who
vie for the honor of representing our Kingdom or one
of her Baronies.

We extend our gratitude to the landed nobles and event
stewards who have allowed the Order of the Rose to
participate and choose our champions from the entrants
in the tourneys they are sponsoring. Each of these
tournaments always draws the finest (and fiercest!)
competition in its particular discipline, and we could
think of no better venues at which to choose our
champions!

In keeping with the tradition of our previous Rose
tournaments, we also have a beautiful medallion,
crafted by Master Darius of the Bells, to present to
the entrant who most impresses us with their skill,
honor, and grace.

We are very much looking forward to seeing you all
at these events!

Kindest regards,
Sara