[Ansteorra-announce] A Radical Proposal

Fred (Flieg) Hollander flieg at socrates.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Nov 8 14:19:57 PST 2002

Flieg here --
Gentle people of Ansteorra --

   One of yours who saw this on another list, said that it hadn't been
publicize her and suggested I post:
==========
   Since I am utterly opposed to the current Board Mandated NMS, and since I
have for some time been upset by the increasing divisiveness of "membership"
as it is currently constituted in the SCA, and since I do not believe in
just standing around and bitching, I have come up with a proposal to change
the nature of membership in the SCA, entirely.

This is an initiative proposal to the Board of Directors. It does not come
from them asking for our comment -- I am sending it *to* them, I hope with
the support of the membership of the SCA.

The short summary is:
Make all participants members. Break out subscriptions from membership.
Reduce the SCA Office to a minimum. Fund that minimum with a franchise fee
on events.

   Rather than take up a lot of space here, I point you to my personal
webpage, where the proposal is the top link.

   http://xray.cchem.berkeley.edu/flieg2

   Thank you for your attention.

   *   *   *    Frederick of Holland, MSCA, OP, OL, etc.
  *|* *|* *|*   flieg at socrates.berkeley.edu
 |===========|  http://xray.cchem.berkeley.edu/flieg2/allmember
  (((Flieg Hollander, Chemistry Dept., U.C. Berkeley)))
 ===A crank.========= Old Used Duke ======Not a tool.=====
 [All subjects of the Crown are equal under its protection.]