[Ansteorra-announce] Bordermarch Autumn Melees

charles netterville cnetterville at ih2000.net
Sun Nov 10 11:07:38 PST 2002

Greetings to all fair gentles.
    I would like to give all a brief description of our upcoming event scheduled for the 15th 16th and 17th.
in an effort to entice you to come. This shouldn't be too hard as this has truly evolved into an event to be
sung of by the bards for many years to come.
Most importantly, this is the Gulf wars planning meeting and we will have in attendance Their Majesties Ansteorra, Their Majesties Meridies, and Their Majesties Trimaris. Their Highnesses Ansteorra, Their Highnesses Glenn Abahnn, and His Highness from the kingdom of the East. We have been advised to construct added support bracings as our coastal soil is quite soft and the weight of all the arriving brass may result in the ground sinking.
    We will also be hosting the first ever Coastal regional Children's symposium. We have several classes set up for the children from basic woodcarving to courtly manners. For a complete list of classes please contact Ly. Issabella at jle6139523 at aol.com
A complete list should be available at the front gate as well.
    If you ride a horse than this is your event. It seems as though Bordermarch will be choosing the equestrian champion, The Ladies of the Rose will be selecting a champion and we will be hosting the King's Lancer all in one day. This gives you a three in one shot of winning. Who is up to the challenge?
    We plan on having the boy scouts as well as a homeschooling co-op in attendance. We also have been informed that reporters from the magazine Texas Country Reporter will be on hand, so this should prove invaluable as a demo and recruiting opportunity.
    A German style feast will be served which will be comprised of.
1) Brorsuppe- A beef broth and dark rye bread soup
2) Bread
3) Sauerbraten mit Kartoffelklossen- Or Marinated potroast with potato dumplings.
4) Huhnerpalatschinkin- Better  received as Chicken wrapped in pancakes
5) Tangy Coleslaw
6) A root Vegetable Medley
7) Bratwurst
8) Sauerkraut
9) Apple Strudel
Special dietary concerns or questions concerning feast should be directed to our feastocrat Ly. Kathleen Hamilton at kaledain at yahoo.com
A complete menu with ingredients should be available at the gate.
    This year Sir Simmon promises some interesting new scenarios as well as some of the old really fun ones for the chivalric fighters and Ly. Maisee McCrimmon is doing the same for the rapier community. With these two minds at work concocting battle strategies, need I even say more???? This will be incredible.
    After feast we will host a mini Hafla for the entertainment of all. Bring your instruments and your best dancing shoes for an evening of song, dance and joviality.
    I guess I should mention that the site is wet in period containers and we have flush privies, Hot showers and even a Laundromat on site. Sere the November Blackstar for directions and all the other legalities or you can contact me with any questions you may have. I can be reached at cnetterville at ih2000.net
Thank you one and all for indulging me this time. I am humbled before you.
                                                                                    In service to Christ and crown,
                                                                                    Ld. Elrique of Bordermarch
                                                                                    Seneschal