[Ansteorra-announce] ADDENDUM: Cour d'Amour Bardic Competition details

Kelly Rhodes corsair at concentric.net
Thu Nov 14 11:30:36 PST 2002

The Canton of Gate's Edge presents
Cour d'Amour (Court of Love)
November 22 - 24, 2002
Camp Camwood (near Magnolia, Texas)
http://gatesedge.ansteorra.org/files/cour.htm

Here are the details of the Bardic Championship competition, which will be
run by the current Bardic Champion of Gate's Edge, Lady Tangwistel
Telynores:

Three pieces are to be performed.  Two of them will be prepared ahead of
time.  The prepared pieces should be of different disciplines
(instrumental, song, poetry, story, etc.)  The third will be an
extemporaneous piece on a subject to be determined by lot at the
competition.  Extra credit will be given for pieces using the theme of
"Cour' d'Amour".

The winner will get a pass-down banner for display. Among the 'to keep'
prizes is a lovely wooden 'book cover' in which you might tuck your sheet
music and other papery things.

Thank you--and we hope to see you at our event!
Event Co-Steward Lady Evelun Lambert
corsair at concentric.net