[Ansteorra-announce] Stefan's files for October

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Oct 7 19:17:28 PDT 2002

Greetings,

Here is a copy of my Florilegium article for October, detailing what
is new in the Florilegium this month.

I am in the process of switching to high speed internet access.
Unfortunately, as part of this process, I can currently no longer
update the Florilegium website the way I have been doing it. This
means that a few of the files mentioned below can not be uploaded
to the site until I get this fixed. So please bear with me and I
will get this fixed as soon as I can.

Stefan

---------------------
A Blending of the Past and Present

Over the past thirteen years in an ongoing effort, I have been collecting
bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail lists and
articles submitted to me by their authors. In order to make this
information available to others, I have placed this information in
a series of files I call Stefan's Florilegium.

A copy of my complete filelist is available in most sections of the
website. This filelist or any of my files is also available from me
by email in either Word or text formats.

If you find a bad link or other problem with the Florilegium website,
please let me know. Once I know about a problem I can usually fix it
that day but if no one alerts me to a problem it may be months before
I notice it myself.

I am always interested in new articles. If you have written an article
that would be of interest to others in the SCA, please send it to me
for possible inclusion in the Florilegium. Contact me for more details.

     THLord Stefan li Rous   (512)892-0036    stefan at florilegium.org
     Ansteorra                             mark.s.harris at motorola.com

The new files for this month are:
under ANIMALS:
    horse-racing-msg   Period horse racing.
    horses-bib         A bibliography on medieval and ancient
                          horses by Master Magnus Malleus.
under CRAFTS:
    Sharpng-Tools-art  "Sharpening Tools" by Master Tamlene ap Guidgen.
under DANCE:
    Ital-Ren-Dce-art   "Italian Renaissance Dance for Dummies"
                          by Rosina del Bosco Chiaro.
under FOOD:
    fried-cheese-msg   Period fried cheese recipes.
under FOOD-UTENSILS:
    pot-holders-msg    Period and modern pot holders.
under FOOD-VEGETABLES:
    16C-Tomato-art     "Sixteenth Century Italian and Spanish
                          Tomato References" by Johnnae llyn Lewis,
                          Helewyse de Birkestad, and Brighid ni Chiarain.
under PENNSIC:
    Pennsic-Prep-art   "A Newcomer's Guide for Pre-Pennsic Prep"
                          by Lady Meliora Leuedai de Ardescote.
under SCA-CAMPING:
    Care-o-Prvies-art  "On the Care and Feeding of the Wild Porta-
                          Privy" by Lord Iain mac Caradoc.
    cmp-courteses-art  "Camping Courtesies" by Baroness Dana Mac an Ghabhann.
under SCRIBAL ARTS:
    Herald-Scribe-art  "Heraldry and the Scribe" by Master Giles de Laval.
under TRAVEL:
    Images-o-East-art  "Images of the East" by Master Hrolf Herjolfssen.

Here are some of the files which have had significant additions this last month:
    cheese-msg         Medieval cheese. Recipes.
    butter-msg         Period butter. Making butter. Butter churns.
    camp-showers-msg   Camp shower ideas for outside SCA events.
    comfits-msg        Period candied spices and seeds. Recipes.
    fd-Spain-msg       Food of medieval Spain. Cookbooks.
    languages-msg      Sources for learning Anglo-Saxon, Latin.
    onions-msg         Period onions. Scallions, shallots. recipes.
    online-ckbks-msg   Online versions of period cookbooks.
    pottery-msg        Medieval pottery, kilns. modern equivalents.

---
Copyright 2002, Mark S. Harris.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if
the contents are left unchanged and the author is notified of the
publication. Notification may be by email and reformatting is allowed.

<end>