[Ansteorra-announce] Much Ado About Nothing

Robert G. Ferrell rferrell at texas.net
Sun Oct 20 21:55:42 PDT 2002

Unto the populace of Ansteorra does Thegn Cynric
of Bedwyn send warm greetings.

I must needs report to all and sundry that on the evening of
Saturday, the 19th day of October, The Baron's Men did
present a nigh stunning performance of a play entitled
"Much Ado About Nothing," by that most promising English
playwright William Shakespeare, in the Aster Theatre situated
for the weekend in the North Meadow of Savernake in the
Barony of Bjornsborg.

To call this wondrous presentation merely 'pleasing' would be
to condemn with faint praise.  Those who were favored by
attendance upon this auspicious occasion are among the
most fortunate gentles in the Known World, and I thank a generous
Providence that I was among them.  Though I have lived within this
fair Kingdom for twenty years, and witnessed many
performances which shall live forever in my memory, none
imparted quite the same radiance as that cast by the stars who
shone so brightly on this night.

My praise for those who performed, produced, directed, and
supported the cast of this most excellent ensample of the
Thespian Arts is unbounded.  Truly, the only thing which can be
said to have marred the evening's delights was my sadness that
not all of Ansteorra was present to behold this splendid spectacle.

Unto Pendaran, Jehanne, Eule, Ariella, Jovian, Conor, Emrys, Brianna,
Thomas, and the rest of this stellar ensemble I confess now my
utmost admiration, and congratulate them on a night which shall
occupy an honored and most treasured berth in the pages of
Ansteorran history.

To those of you who were not accounted in the audience, I offer
my most sincere sympathies; indeed, I weep for you. I can
but pray that perhaps you will happen across a chance
to behold these players in some future engagement. If such an
opportunity does present itself, I strongly encourage you to
leap upon it with every sinew--I promise you the effort will
be well requited.

 From the Barony of Bjornsborg do I set my hand to this missive,
and pray that it be received in the spirit of goodwill and fellowship.

Cynric of Bedwyn, Thegn of Savernake
Enthusiastic Patron of the Arts