[Ansteorra-announce] Battle of the Pines XIX

j_smallw at titan.sfasu.edu j_smallw at titan.sfasu.edu
Mon Sep 2 20:56:36 PDT 2002

The Shire of Graywood invites one and all to Battle of the Pines XIX this
coming weekend (September 6-8) at Jones Country.  Come be a part of one of the
oldest annual shire events in the kingdom.  There are activities offered for
everyone.

Chivalric : Our champion shall be determined by snowball melee format.

Rapier : Modified Swiss 5 format.  Participants will fight all 5 styles, but
each round shall not be set.  In other words, plenty of room to mix and match.

Arts & Sciences : Come display your work and possibly become our title artisan.

Bardic : Two pieces in two different styles.  One round in the afternoon.
Second round during feast.

Archery : Format still to be determined.

Equestrian : Sir Henri is running this one so it should be good.

There will also be children's activities available.

Feast shall consist of Bread, butter, and cheese, salad, sauteed mushrooms,
Beef kabobs with onions, and baked apples.  Feast is limited to 75 persons.

Come and join us for a weekend of fun.

Ansgar von Aachen
Event Steward