[Ansteorra-announce] Wedding & Pas Thanks

Timothy Rayburn timothy at elfsea.net
Mon Sep 30 13:35:04 PDT 2002

Unto the Barony of Elfsea, and the great Kingdom of Ansteorra does Lord Timothy of Glastinbury send heartfelt greeting and thanks.

It was my distinct pleasure to organize the wedding and Pas of my good friends Seamus and Genevieve this last weekend at Elfsea Defender.  But I did not act alone in getting this immense task done, and write today to give word fame to those who so richly deserve it.

There is no doubt that there nothing that I am capable of but without the strength given me by God and the support and inspiration of the beautiful wife, Dama Anezka z Rozmitala.  She was my help in times of trouble, and I am ever in her debt.

As a playwrite once said, "O for a Muse of fire, that would ascend The brightest heaven of invention, A kingdom for a stage, princes to act, And monarchs to behold the swelling scene!"  This wonderous undertaking was born of the inspiration given by the proposal of Seamus to Genevieve, and quickly became a rather large undertaking.  At times it did indeed seem that I would need a Kingdom for a stage to set it upon, and in some ways that was what happened.  50 members of the groom's and bride's family were introduced to Ansteorra for the first time, and several have been abuzz ever since.

There were princes and princesses amoung men that made this undertaking possible.  Lord Tomas, Lady Rixende, Lord Wilim, Lady Rebekah, Matt Kostal, Christopher Jackson, and most especially Jon Kostal made this undertaking possible.  These princes setup and took down the three pavilions, two torches and literal mound of yellow jacket infested garbage that was left at the party.  These provided me a stage on which this undertaking could be presented and removed it at the end so that once more it could be a Trade Days site.

The couple and I extend our thanks to Their Royal Majesties, for His Majesty in giving away the bride, and for Her Majesty's willingness to 'behold the swelling scene.'  It meant a great deal for Genevieve and Seamus to have you in attendance.

In any under taking there are those small deeds that must be performed by great men in order to be accomplished in a truly masterful way.  Lord James, Lady Liadan, HE Borek were all willing to share of their art of brewing and cordialling so that those who came might enjoy the finest that Ansteorra had to offer.  Thank you for your generosity, thank you for your friendship.

In the evening there was held a Pas d'Arms for the entertainment of the gallery.  To Their Excellencies Mahadi and Valeria, thank you for supporting this effort with your time and attendance and willingness to act as sponsors.  To the ladies of the gallery, thank you for inspiring the fighters on to such great deeds.  My sincere thanks to Their Excellencies Llywelyn and Xene for standing ready in case of troubles.

I've no doubt that there are those who were vital of this undertaking that I will have missed.  Please do not count such as a slight upon your wonderful service, but instead as a slip of mind after a rather hectic weekend.