[Ansteorra-announce] [Announcements] from the Chairman

Meg Baron Meg.Baron at experian.com
Thu Apr 17 14:07:41 PDT 2003

Greetings, members of the Society:

Following is a message from the Chairman of the SCA Board of Directors.

Sincere regards,

Meg Baron
President, SCA Inc.

---------------------------

At the January 2003 meeting of the Board of Directors, Frederick
Hollander(Duke Frederick of Holland) presented the Board with a proposal
suggesting an alternate membership and funding structure for the SCA.  At
that meeting, the Directors decided to request feedback from the membership
regarding the basic issues raised in this proposal and asked Dr.Hollander to
help prepare the announcement to be sent.

After reading the proposed announcement and questions prepared by the
subcommittee, the Directors discussed the matter at length, both via
email and at our conference call meeting.  During these discussions, we
realized that while the suggested wording and questions do cover the
specific proposal sent to the Board, we are interested in receiving feedback
from the membership on a somewhat wider range of related ideas.  Therefore,
we  have decided to discuss this issue further at our quarterly meeting in
April (now less than 2 weeks away) prior to sending out the request for
commentary.

Certainly, the ideas covered in the specific questions already developed
will be included in the final request for commentary which the Board
sends out.  However, we feel there are other pertinent issues that should be
addressed at the same time, in order to make the feedback as valuable as
possible.  When we decided, in January, to send Dr. Hollander's ideas
out for comment, we tentatively planned to ask for comments to be due July
1.  We did not anticipate the amount of time our discussions
would take, nor that so many related ideas would arise.  We apologize
for this delay.

We very much want to hear your opinions on all these issues, and we
thank you for your patience as we address this matter.

Sincerely,

Linda Moore
Chairman, SCA Inc.
Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
SCA Inc.
Box 360789
Milpitas,  CA 95036

You may also email comments at sca.org or reply to this message.