[Ansteorra-announce] Cleaning Up for Gulf War: Please Fill in Your Trenches

Brian_Martin at Dell.com Brian_Martin at Dell.com
Mon Feb 24 10:31:20 PST 2003

Greetings All,

As Gulf War approaches, the time has come for people to begin the planning
for the war. We in the SCA are well used to leaving our events sites as
clean or cleaner than we found them. For Gulf War, this has to include
filling in all fire pits and rain trenches in your camp. The site owner has
asked that all fire pits and trenches be filled in and the ground looking as
close as possible as it did prior to our arrival. This means no large humps
or trails running through the camps where your run off ditches used to be.
If you don't fill these in, then the Ansteorran clean up crew will have to
do it *after* they have completed their official clean up duties for the
war. Last year we had to impose on a crew of people from Elfsea and Bryn
Gwlad to run around and fill in trenches. Because of this, most of that crew
didn't get off site until 5:00 PM on Sunday, which is something that we very
much want to avoid this year.

Thanks in advance for filling in your trenches, and it On to Trimaris!

Pendaran Glamorgan
Ansteorran Liaison, GW XII