[Ansteorra-announce] Acceptance of Your Most Gracious Invitation

Johan Van Oldenbarnevelt oldenbarnevelt1603 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 8 12:56:43 PST 2003

Unto Her Majesty, Elizabeth of England, on this eighth day of January in the year of Our Lord 1602, doth Johan Van Oldenbarnevelt, Ridder, Lord of de Tempel, Berkel, Rodenrijs, Gunterstein, and Stoutenburg; Landsadvocate and head of the State of Holland and Marshall of Grootzegel and of the charters of Holland and West Friesland, do send my humble greetings.

I am honored to have received Your Majesty's most gracious invitation to attend Your Court upon this forthcoming Candlemas Day at Their Majesties Ansteorra's Barony of Bryn Gwlad on February 1.

It pleases me to announce my intention to attend accompanied by my wife, Maria Van Utrecht. We shall arrive in sufficient time and would beg audience with Her Majesty regarding the recent formation of our trading company into the East Indies. I believe it would greatly benefit both of our countries to enter into negotiations regarding our respective companies. Until Candlemas, may God keep you in fair health.

I remain honored,
Johan Van Oldenbarnevelt